Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Meet The Browns...huh?

Yesterday, my home girl Deb and I decided to use our free AMC movie passes that we got last year when, while watching Harry Potter, the machines malfunctioned. The passes were set to expire on 3/31/08, so we figured we shouldn't waste them. We decided to check out the 12 noon matinee showing of "Meet The Browns" at The Magic Johnson Theaters in Harlem.



The theater was practically empty, and after about 10 minutes of previews, we settled in and the theater went dark.

I have enjoyed most, if not all of Tyler Perry's previous films & stage plays but I gotta tell you fam....I didn't really care for this one. This movie seems to get lost in what can only be called extremely bad editing (the transitions were very clumsy ), and quite a bit of over acting going on and I simply didn't understand that whole clip about Mudear leading a car chase and getting arrested.......

We found ourselves asking er....why exactly did we need to see this?

The best part of the movie for me was watching the young man who plays Angela Bassett's son in the movie - what an absolutely cutie.

Uh...Rick Fox? Was it me or did he look.....er...not so good in this film?

Btw...what in the heck was going on with Angela's makeup?? She was giving you pancake #6 makeup in "Cocoa Corpse" color....roflmao!

But the best part of the movie happened when the credits were rolling.......during the outtakes...

That line about "The Bereaved Family".....(ROFL..."I wouldn't want to be a part of that family...That Bereaved family, they lose a lot of people, every time you look in the paper you see something about The Bereaved Family....I wouldn't want to be a part of that family....)

Now THAT was funny to me....sorry ya'll.

But I will still support Tyler Perry....Love his work....I just didn't think this was his best effort.

“Laugh often, Dream big, Reach for the stars!”

No comments: