Friday, February 20, 2009

JAZMINE SULLIVAN SOARS INTO NEW FILM ABOTU THE TUSKEGEE AIRMEN

Singer books role in movie about Tuskegee Airmen.

*Up and coming R&B artist Jasmine Sullivan, a recipient of five Grammy nominations, takes a leap into acting with her first film role to begin shooting in April.

The Philadelphia singer/songwriter has a plum role in director Anthony Hemingway's "Red Tails," reports Billboard. "I play a singer who entertains soldiers," says Sullivan, who will appear in the movie alongside current touring partner Ne-Yo. "I'm really just entertainment for them, but I kind of get a little relationship going with one of them. So that's very exciting."

"I used to act when I was younger, in little plays," adds Sullivan, who attended Philadelphia's Creative and Performing Arts high school. "It never was really a passion of mine. It's just something I did and I could do. Anything where I can be creative, I like to do."

Sullivan also has a TV project in the works but says she can't reveal details yet. She's not yet sure about a fourth single from her debut album "Fearless," and a follow CD appears to be on the back burner at the moment. "I haven't discussed it with the label [Atlantic]," Sullivan says. "They aren't pressuring me yet. I think we all are trying to get ('Fearless') heard worldwide. But I am thinking of songs these days.

"I took a break (from writing). I didn't have an inspiration or anything like that for a little while. But now it's starting to come to me.
I don't like to force things; as they come to me, I put the ideas down and...roll from there."

As for going 0-for-5 at this year's Grammy Awards, Sullivan said it's all good. Her time will come.

"I'm not at all upset," said the artist, nominated for best new artist and in various R&B categories. "Everybody who was nominated pretty much was deserving. I have a long career ahead of me, so this is not my last Grammys, hopefully."

Source: EURweb.com


No comments: