Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tiffany "New York" Pollard To Join The Vagina Monologues

NEW YORK is taking her act downstairs - the saucy reality star has been tapped to appear in an all-black traveling production of "The Vagina Monologues."

New York, whose real name is Tiffany Pollard, will appear in the show alongside a bevy of African-American actresses, including Ella Joyce ("Roc") and Yvette Wilson ("Moesha").

Pollard gained notoriety after appearing on two season's of VH1's "Flavor of Love," and her own dating show, "I Love New York."

She was given the nickname New York, by rapper Flavor Flav after appearing on his show - and nearly winning his heart.

Since then, Pollard has been trying to become an actress.

"It's kind of a serious actress type thingy and that's what I'm striving to be," Pollard says. "I really want to kind of lend my voice and let people see that I'm there and I'm focused and I want to be a part of it."

Also starring in "Monologues" is London "Deelishis" Charles - New York's arch-rival from "Flavor."

New York will appear in editions of "Monologues" in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta and Houston.

Life's like a play; it's not the length but the excellence of the acting that matters” - Seneca

No comments: