Sunday, February 15, 2009

Rest In Peace Rhonda Powell

I found out last week that a friend of mine from "back in da day" named Rhonda Powell had suddenly passed away. I met Rhonda back in the late 80's - early 90's when we were both modeling for Gwen DeVoe's Encore Models. (The above pic is from one of the many ski trips that we attended over the years...I am on the left end, that's Gwen DeVoe in the center and Rhonda is on the right end)

I lost track of Rhonda for many years after she left NYC until FAT Chance aired and people started reconnecting with me like crazy. Rhonda was one of those people that hit me up and we kept trying to make plans to hook up but our schedules never meshed. I am blessed to have been able to speak to her briefly last year and I am both saddened and shocked at the news of her passing.

Rest in Peace my sista.


“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.”

- Horace

No comments: